27 February 2012

Invites and Handwriting.


Relatives & Friends on Silver Stickers | Makati | @2012


Over the weekend, I have been busy preparing invites for my sister's wedding. I was supposed to handwrite the names of guests on the envelope, but I realized, after I finished 35 envelopes that my handwriting has become ugly. So I decided to redo everything and print the names on gray-silver stickers.

I used to have really nice penmanship. I was the girl who was always asked by teachers to write the lessons on the board. I did that since 4th grade to senior high. I was the girl whose theme papers were always set as the standard in class. And then computers and laptops came. And then I stopped using the pen. I typed. And typed. And typed. I type 80% of the time and the remaining 20% where I write in my journal and calendar isn't enough to maintain my once pretty handwriting. Oh well. Things change.

And the bigger change we are looking forward to is my sister's marriage to this wonderful man she met here in Manila. I wish them both happiness, health, and God's blessings!

Pin It!

3 left some love :

julai February 28, 2012 at 6:21 AM  

Hmm, I´m sure Ate Ai, your penmanship is still very nice. But I can totally relate with what you mean. I experienced the same. I seldom use the pen now and after just few minutes of writing, I can already feel the pain in my hand. An obvious sign that the hand is no longer used to writing. And the sadder thing about it is that, the ugly penmanship is now uglier. arggggggggg.

On a happier note ate, kahibawo nako kung kinsa nga sis ang kaslon so soon. I found it out by reading the comments in your fbs and posts.hhehehe. God bless Ate Ai. I am excited for her wedding as well.:)

Anonymous February 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM  

you have one of the nicest handwritings, A. i know, because i love seeing and reading your handwritten notes to me =) keep writing. someday, writing by hand will become a lost art. sad, but don't we all find ourselves typing on electronic gadgets more and more nowadays?

C

kookooforcocopuffs February 29, 2012 at 6:21 AM  

your handwriting is beautiful. period. no arguments there.

excited for your family's event this year;-)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

A post shared by Aileen (@aileenbarbra) on


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...