Little lessons. Unsolicited advice.
1) Nothing is impossible. Claim it. I have seen miracles and magic work in my life.
2) There are people who will betray you, no matter how much you love them. It's not you. It's not your fault. You see, some people are just really incapable of truly loving. Move on.
3) Avoid toxic people. They are not good for your health or your spirit. One example: Drama queens. These are people who make mountains out of mole hills. They sweat the small stuff. They're so good at complicating things. I notice that these people are the unhappiest in the bunch of the unhappy. The worse part is, they want you into their unhappiness. Really, I don't get it. Personally, my principle is simple -- if I want/love something or someone, I love without question; if I don't, I walk away and shut the door behind me. In tagalog, kung gusto, gusto; kung ayaw, di huwag. Haha. See, simple. No drama.
4) You are not the epicenter of the universe. It is not always about you. There are 7 Billion people in the world and most likely, they are not thinking of you. You know, people are actually living their own lives, so stop seeking for attention. Keep yourself busy instead. Pursue your passions. BE HUMBLE.
5) DON'T ASSUME. Ask. As they say it here, maraming namamatay sa maling akala.
7) Be considerate. Be kind. Be tolerant. Like you, everyone is struggling with something. Was it Plato who said "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"?
8) Money CAN buy you happiness. As they say, money can buy you cupcake (plane tickets for me!) and it's kind of the same thing. Work hard. EARN.
9) A subtext of number 8: Relationships are more important than money.
10) Always remember, your TRUE friends will love you at your worst and at your best. They will be there, no matter what.
11) Don't listen when people say you CAN'T. You will never know unless you try. Take the leap. Follow your bliss.
12) FORGIVE. Yourself, most especially.
13) Be slow in judging people. You are not perfect, too. Know the full story first.
14) Red lipstick gives an instant glow. Try it.
15) TRAVEL. There is so much to learn and to see in the world.